Workforce Housing Task Force
The purpose of the workforce housing task force is to assist the City Council's Committee in developing a comprehensive housing policy aimed at addressing the housing challenges facing working families in San Marcos. The task force will work in tandem with City Staff, and local stakeholders through a policy-making framework grounded in data and best practices to develop policy recommendations.
Policy recommendations are expected in the fall of 2019 and will be considered for implementation by the Council Committee and eventually the full City Council and public at large. The task force will meet a minimum of once every three months. Meetings are open to the public and community input sessions will be scheduled in the future.
September 13, 2018; 12pm - 2pm
March 14, 2019; 12pm - 2pm
June 13, 2019; 12pm - 2pm
September 12, 2019; 12pm - 2pm
Take our Housing Survey!
The City of San Marcos wants to understand the decisions people make when choosing where to live and work. Your answers to the survey will inform important decisions about housing and land use in the city. Be a part of charting our future.
This survey will help the City better accommodate the types of housing residents and workers want and need.
The survey is located at: www.research.net/r/SanMarcosHousingSurvey
En Español: http://www.research.net/r/SanMarcosHousingSurveySP
You can take the survey on your smart phone, iPad/tablet or computer.
If you complete the survey by January 31, 2019, you’ll be entered into a drawing for a $100 Visa gift card.
Thank you for participating! Please tell your friends, family and coworkers about the survey.
- Lisa Prewitt, Place 1
- Melissa Derrick, Place 6
- Saul Gonzales, Place 2
- Ramika Adams, Calaboose Museum
- Melissa Nicewarner Daly, HomeAid
- Laura Dupont, Corridor Title
- Andrew Fernandez, SMCISD
- Dr. Thomas Longoria, Texas State
- Ruben Garza, Southside
- Will Holder, Ret. Trendmaker Homes
- Patricia Lankford, Gary Job Corps
- Daryl Losaw, Losaw Construction
- Ryan Pearl, Amazon
- Gloria Salazar, El Centro
- Roland Saucedo, Neighborhood Representative
- John Schawe, Frost Bank
- Jack Seaborne, Seaborne Architects
- Albert Sierra, SM Housing Authority
- Dr. Chris Smith, Texas State
- Caitlyn Strickland, Hays County
- Scott Turner, Brookfield
- Dr. Monica Valadez, SMCISD
- Robert Watts, Habitat for Humanity