Utility Customer Services
Because of the effects of the COVID-19 situation, we understand that some customers are concerned about being able to make their utility payments. Our Utility Customer Service Division is providing customer service and payment options to assist utility customers navigate these challenging times.
We recently implemented some changes to make sure our customers’ utilities are not interrupted. Please review the implemented changes, options for making payments, how to contact our staff and options for requesting service remotely. The information contains services that are currently available, but can also be beneficial going forward.
We also included the phone numbers for several local assistance agencies in the event you wish to discuss your account with them.
Temporarily Halt Utility Service Disconnections for Nonpayment
To provide relief for those who are not currently able to pay for utility services, there will be a temporary freeze on utility disconnects for non-payment of services until further notice.
Utility Bill Payment Arrangements
In addition to the freeze on utility disconnects, we ask that any customer needing assistance paying their utility bill to please call 512.393.8383 to request payment arrangements or payment extensions.
Utility Bill Late Fees
Late fees for utility bills have been suspended for the remainder of 2020, until December 31, 2020. A Late Fee Waiver request form is no longer required.
If you contact us, we can assist in arranging payment plans that provide a longer time period for utility payments to be made. The Utility Customer Service Staff can be reached at 512-393-8383 to discuss a possible payment arrangement or extension when it is needed.
COVID-19 Response: Customer Payment and Services Options
Remote Payment Options:
Utility Web Options:
Automated Phone Line: 512 393-8333
eBOX – Pay directly from your bank/credit union
By Mail: 636 E. Hopkins San Marcos, TX 78666
HEB Business Centers:
- 641 E. Hopkins
- 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Saturday
- 200 W. Hopkins
- 10 a.m. - 7 p.m., Monday - Friday
- 11 a.m. - 5 p.m., Saturday - Sunday
Additional Customer Services available to customers:
- Senior Penalty Exemptions (Customers over 60 years of age)
- Automated Recurring Payments (Credit/Debit Cards or Checking Account)
- Contact our staff by email
- Budget Billing: This program is a monthly set amount based on previous 12-month bill history
Utility Assistance Agencies:
- Community Action, Inc of Central Texas 512.392.1161
- St. Vincent De Paul 512.353.7394
- Southside Community Center 512.392.6694
- Salvation Army 512.754.8541
Stay Vigilant about Potential Fraud
Some customers may be the victim of phone or email scams, especially during the COVID-19 crisis. We urge you to remain vigilant and aware of the potential for people to try to get you to send them money or gift cards, or provide them with your personal information.
Common Sense Steps to Avoiding Scams
Your San Marcos Utility Billing Center will never call you asking for personal information. If you suspect the call is not legitimate, take note of the number then terminate the call immediately.
We do not call customers after normal business hours or on weekends.
We are currently not disconnecting utilities. If you receive a call demanding payment or telling you they will shut off your services, please terminate the call immediately.
Helpful Phone Numbers
- Connecting to City Utility Services: 512-393-8383
- Electric Power Outages and After Hour Emergency Service: 512-393-8313
- Electric Utility: 512-393-8300
- Recycle, Green Waste and Trash Pickup: 512-393-8407
- Transportation Department: 512-393-8036
- Utility Billing Automated Telephone System: 512-393-8333
- Utility Customer Service Office: 512-393-8383
- Water After Hour Emergency Service: 512-393-8010
- Water and Energy Conservation: 512-393-8310
- Water and Wastewater Utility: 512-393-8010