The mission of the San Marcos Office of Emergency Management is to create a culture of preparedness that sustains a resilient community in the face of natural and man-made hazards. We strive to enhance the city’s preparedness and response capabilities and coordinate with regional, state, and federal partners. We conduct regular training and exercises to test and improve our ability to respond to and recover from the unexpected. We strive to ensure the citizens of San Marcos are prepared, informed, and capable of responding to and recovering from all hazards.
Register your mobile phone number to receive text and phone call emergency alerts with Warn Central Texas, the region’s emergency notification system.
During an emergency, tune to Cable Channel 10 on Time Warner, Cable Channel 16 on Grande Communications, and to our radio station at 103.1 FM KZOS for emergency information.
- City Emergency Information Line (recorded message): 512-754-2291
- Electrical Outages - Electric Utility: 512-393-8313
- Water / Sewer Problems: 512-393-8010
- San Marcos Road Conditions-Public Services: 512-393-8036
- State Road Conditions: 800-452-9292