Green Guy Recycling
Residential & Commercial Recycling Center
Drop-Off Center * Buy-Back Center * Resale Shop * Dumpster Rental
Green Guy Recycling is located at 937 Highway 80 behind Tractor Supply and Hobby Lobby
Green Guy Recycling Website
Buy Back and Office Hours: Monday through Friday
8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
8 a.m. until noon.
The Drop-Off Center is open 24 hours/7 days a week for donations
- All Paper - news, magazines, catalogs, junk mail and office paper
- Aluminum/tin cans
- Books - phone, paperback, hardback
- Cardboard, boxboard and paper bags
- Glass bottles - clear, brown, green, blue and gold
- Plastic containers #1-7 (must have smaller neck than base)
Scrap Metal & Appliances
- A/C units ($5 fee for Freon extraction)*, Refrigerators ($10 fee for Freon extraction)*
- Anything a magnet will stick to--even if rusted
- Corrugated steel, angle iron, fencing, box springs (stuffing removed)
- Computer Monitors & TVs ($0.35 per pound fee for mercury vapor bulb & leaded glass handling)
- Washers, dryers, dishwashers, water heaters, stoves, ovens, microwaves, small appliances (toasters, irons, mixers)
*Fee does not apply to San Marcos residential trash and recycling customers. Waived fees are limited to 1 TV, 2 computer monitors, and 2 Freon bearing appliances per year. A City of San Marcos utility bill with the 'Recycling Center Fee' must be shown.
- Car batteries
- Junk vehicles - must have title, call for details
- Oils - engine, hydraulic, brake, antifreeze, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, gas, and oil filters ($0.50 per filter)
- Tires – car and pickup truck tires $3 each*, commercial truck/equipment/tractor tires call for pricing
*Fee does not apply to San Marcos residential trash and recycling customers. Waived fees are limited to 5 passenger tires per year. A City of San Marcos utility bill with the 'Recycling Center Fee' must be shown.
Green Guy Buys (Call 512-353-3266 for current prices):
- All non-ferrous metals: copper, brass, aluminum, radiators/cores, stainless, lead
- Scrap metal and Iron (150 pound minimum for scrap)
- Computer towers, computer and telecom components
Green Guy Cannot Accept
- Household hazardous waste (paint, chemicals, etc.)
- Non-bottle glass (such as mirrors or plate glass)
- Radioactive waste
Apartments & Commercial Customers
Apartment residents are served through private contractors provided by the apartment complex for trash collection, but will use the City as contractor for recycle services. Commercial businesses must make their own arrangements for trash and recycle collection with private contractors. Apartment residents may still use the Green Guy Recycling Drop-Off Center.