San Marcos City Cemetery Pricing
- Burial Lot
- Serenity Garden Plaque
- Chapel Podium Plaque
- Commemorative Bench & Tree
- Tree Bench & Plaque Application
To schedule a tour of the available cemetery lots for purchase contact the caretaker Scott McLelland 512-748-9671. Once the lot selection is made contact the Parks and Recreation Department to schedule an appointment for payment 512-393-8410. For all other inquiries, please email us.
- Residents-Level 1 – Residents of San Marcos or a person that owns property inside the zoned city limits of San Marcos: $2,050
- Non-Residents-Level 2 – Any person not living in the zoned city limits of San Marcos: $2,550
- Payment Plan Administrative Fee - $50
- A person desiring to pay the purchase price over time will be required to pay an initial deposit of at least 10 percent of the cost of the certificate. The remaining balance shall be paid within 12 months of the initial deposit. Purchases of eight or more certificates must be paid in full at the time of purchase. Purchases of 10 or more certificates are not permitted unless approved by the San Marcos Cemetery Commission.
Please note: Cemetery lots increase by $50 on January 1 of each year. To learn more, view the Cemetery Fee Schedule.
Click here to make an online payment towards your payment plan. To make an online payment you must be registered with the Parks and Recreation Department. This link will not work for the one-time payment to purchase a lot.
Serenity Garden Plaque
- Designated location in cemetery where ashes can be spread
- Includes nameplate for memorial plaque
Podium Plaque in Chapel
- Podium with memorial plaques affixed
Cemetery Benches & Trees
- Benches located at Cemetery Chapel: $350
- Benches located elsewhere in Cemetery: $3,700
- Placed in pre-designated locations. Cost covers foundation, bench and plaque.
- Tree: $1,250
For more information on purchasing a tree or bench, visit the Commemorative Tree & Bench webpage.