The City of San Marcos is accepting applications to fill vacancies on City boards and commissions with volunteers from throughout the community.
Citizens may fill out volunteer interest applications online through Friday, January 8, 2021, to be considered for appointment. The application form is available on the Boards and Commission page of our website. If you prefer a paper copy, please visit the City Clerk’s Office in City Hall, 630 E. Hopkins.
Qualifications, duties and the length of service vary. City Boards and Commissions include:
- Airport Advisory Board *
- Animal Shelter Advisory Board *
- Arts Commission *
- Citizen Utility Advisory Board *
- Cemetery Commission
- Construction Board of Appeals *
- Convention & Visitor Bureau *
- Economic Development Board *
- Ethics Commission *
- Historic Preservation Commission *
- Housing Authority*
- Human Services Advisory Board *
- Library Board *
- Main Street Advisory Board *
- Neighborhood Commission *
- Parks & Recreation Board *
- Planning & Zoning Commission *
- Senior Citizen Advisory Board
- Veteran Affairs Advisory Board
- Zoning Board of Adjustments *
* Boards with special requirements for some or all positions.
The City Council is scheduled to review the applications and make appointments at their February 2, 2021 meeting. Volunteers that are appointed will take their seats on March 1, 2021.
For questions, please contact the City Clerk’s office at 512.393.8090 or email CityClerk@sanmarcostx.gov. For media inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.